MONTEREY BBQ CHICKEN BAKE
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 to 6 slices of bacon
- barbecue sauce (works better if thick)
- 8 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
- *2 or 3 each green onion stems
- large bottle of hidden valley ranch dressing
- McCormick Grill Mates barbecue seasoning (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray bottom of medium to large baking dish with regular cooking spray. Chop green onion stems into shallots - as much as you desire.
- Fry bacon on stove until crispy. Lay flat on paper towels to absorb grease. After 15 minutes, crumble bacon and set to the side.
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with barbecue sauce. Lay chicken flat in a shallow baking dish and season with the barbecue seasoning. Flip and season opposite sides.
- Let chicken set for 10 minutes. Brush each chicken breast with barbecue again. Pour Hidden Valley Ranch dressing over each chicken breast, covering thoroughly.
- Place crumbled bacon pieces over chicken in dish. Add shredded Monterey Jack cheese (make sure to completely cover the chicken with cheese) and shallots over dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes uncovered. Chicken is done when middle is no longer pink. Enjoy!!