Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pizza-dillas

Pizza-dillas!

I was being lazy one night...and decided to make these for dinner.  They were pretty yummy.  A mix of pizza and quesadillas...so you get pizzadillas!  Fusion cuisine at its trashiest. :)

I didn't measure everything, but all you need are:

  • tortillas (I used corn tortillas, but flour tortillas would work well)
  • mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • pepperoni (or your favorite pizza toppings)
  • spaghetti or pizza sauce (for dipping)

  • Optional: nonstick spray or oil

I sprayed the outsides of the tortillas with the nonstick spray to make 'em crispy (you could put a little oil in the pan if you don't want to use the nonstick spray).  I used my electric griddle for the pizza-dillas.  Sprinkle the bottom tortilla with mozzarella cheese and toppings (I used pepperoni).  Top with another tortilla.  Flip when cheese melts or the bottom looks toasty.  Cook til both sides are toasty (just like grilled cheese sandwiches).  Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter, and serve with spaghetti/pizza sauce for dipping.




Tortillas cooking on the electric griddle (I had it on 350*F)

Then cut up into wedges and served with sauce...I served it on a paper plate!  That's how lazy I felt that night...didn't even want to wash dishes.

No comments: