Saturday, May 30, 2009

BBQ Chicken & Mozzarella Sandwich

Today, I couldn't decide on what to fix for lunch, but I knew I wanted to do something with chicken.  I had a bag of frozen boneless chicken breasts.  I took out two and defrosted 'em in the microwave.  While the chicken was defrosting, I preheated the oven to 375 degrees.

When the chicken defrosted, I put 'em on a baking sheet.

I was in the mood to add barbecue sauce to 'em.  So I grabbed a bottle of the barbecue sauce (I had the Kraft BBQ sauce on hand).  Poured about 1/4 cup into a small bowl and got my basting brush.   I brushed the chicken breasts with the barbecue sauce pretty thickly and then baked 'em for about 25 minutes.  

Meanwhile, I got a loaf of French bread and cut it in half.  It was just gonna be for me and my husband so I put the other half away for later (probably make pizzas with that).  I cut the half into half again, then cut into half lengthwise and arranged 'em on another baking sheet.

When the chicken was done, I let it rest for a few minutes.  I got my favorite knife and sliced 'em into 1/4 inch slices and arranged 'em on the bread.  Sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken and broiled 'em until the cheese melted.

When the cheese melted, I took 'em out of the oven and put the halves together to make a sandwich.  

Very hearty and will make you full easily!


Ingredients:

2 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (any brand, but needs to be thick)
1/2 loaf French bread, cut into half
Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Brush chicken with barbecue sauce. Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes or until done.  Let chicken rest before slicing into 1/4 inch slices.   Divide the chicken onto the 4 pieces of French bread, and sprinkle with however much mozzarella cheese you like.

Broil until cheese is melted, then put the halves together to make a sandwich.  Enjoy!  Mmmmmm....

No comments: